Terms and Conditions
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18. By placing an order you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and we reserve the right not to deliver if we are unsure of this.
- The placing of an order anywhere on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order.
- All goods are offered subject to availability. We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages. We try to ensure that we have sufficient stock but know that some items sell faster than expected and although we’ll always try to get stock replenished it is not always possible. We’ll provide the most up to date information we have on availability and will do our absolute best to ensure you get the items you want. Wineline accepts no liability arising from any inability to supply goods due to lack of stock other than returning any payments made to you.
- Products sold to trade customers are only for resale within the EEA.
- We’ve attempted to ensure that the specification and description of all items is correct on the website and shows them off to the best of our ability. Sometimes they will be even better than you expected. As soon as an order is received, Wineline will send you an email confirming its receipt. This email should be received at the very latest within 24 hours. If you do not receive an order confirmation email, please contact us using the methods outlined in the contact us section.
- For orders of all items we normally guarantee delivery within seven days of your order. The guaranteed delivery window will be confirmed during the checkout process. However, if it is not possible to come to a mutually agreeable delivery arrangement within this timeframe delivery may take longer.
- We may use an independent courier. The courier will only attempt to deliver the product twice, after which we regret that you will be responsible for making your own arrangements with them for delivery. The products will be returned to our warehouse if they have not been collected from the courier 3 days after the second delivery attempt, and we reserve the right to pass on the cost of redelivery in this event.
- Mainland UK delivery is normally free for orders over £100 and charged as per Parcelforce rates for orders under £100.00 (£14.82 for 10kg which is usually a case of 6 bottles). Deliveries to Northern Ireland, the Isles of Scilly, Isle of Man and Scottish Islands – please contact Fiona@wineline-home.com for prices.
- We do not deliver to the Channel Islands or destinations outside the UK.
- All prices are inclusive of UK VAT.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mis-priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
Cancellations and complaints
As a consumer you have the right to cancel your contract at any time during the period which starts on the day the contract comes into existence and ends on the expiry of seven working days, beginning on the day after the day of delivery of the items. If you want to cancel your contract you should notify us in the most appropriate way. In such circumstances we’ll happily accept any item or items making up the cancelled order provided that you have taken reasonable care of the items while they have been in your possession. We’ll refund the cost of rejected items or cancelled orders (including the original dispatch charge) within 7 days of receiving the item(s) back. Please note, however, that items are returned at your own cost and we recommend the use of a registered postal service for your protection.
The returned goods must be in their original packaging and adequately insured for the return journey. The cost of returning the goods will be the responsibility of the customer.If the customer fails to return the goods following cancellation, Wineline will be entitled to deduct the cost of recovering the goods from the customer. Where returned goods are found to be damaged due to the customers fault, the customer will be liable for the cost of remedying such damage.
We’re happy to exchange or refund any purchase that doesn’t prove suitable. Please pack purchases carefully and return them to the above address, in their original condition, with labels intact, within 28 days of receipt.
Limitation of Liability
The liability of Wineline in contract (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance of this contract shall be limited to the price paid for the goods. Under no circumstances shall Wineline be liable for any form of indirect or consequential loss, costs or expenses as a result of this agreement or contract.
In the event of complaint please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org giving as much detail as you can. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours and you can expect a full resolution of your complaint within a further 72 hours. You will be kept informed if there is any delay beyond this.
For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
- This website is operated by Wineline. VAT number189078556
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and any disputes will be decided only by the Scottish courts.
© Lynch Associates (trading as the Wine Line)
Company No. 07261994
Parsonbridge, Westward, Wigton, CA7 8NH